Gold Coast Party Boat Cruise FAQ
Q Do you need a boat licence to drive a Gold Coast Party Pontoon?
- NO . Our pontoon boats are built and designed to travel at a comfortable speed of 10 knots or less as per the law in the state of Queensland .
Q Do all of your boats have toilets onboard?
All of our boats EXCEPT Slip n Slide have toilets onboard. But don't panic if you want to hire Slip n Slide. There are numerous public toilets in our operating area that are readily accessible from the beach. Locations as follows:
- Broadwater parklands
- Pelican Beach on the eastern side of the Sundale Bridge
- Harley Park adjacent to Charis Seafoods in Labrador
- Centenary Park Holywell
- Esplanade Park Paradise Point and
- Tipplers Bar and Cafe
Q Your boats look big online so can I have more than 12 people on board ?
- NO . The law states across Australia that under the classification of SELF DRIVE HIRE class 4E no more than 12 people can be on the boat during a hire period .As a commercial operator each person equals 1 person whether your an infant , teenager or adult . We insist on the highest standards of safety and will not allow any exceptions.
Q Is the party pontoon hard to drive ?
- No they are very easy to drive and handle . Having experience is always a bonus but we will always provide a full and detailed briefing on where is best to go on the day and all other operational and safety requirements .
Q What makes your BBQ Boats / Party Pontoons better than the rest ?
- Our pontoon boats CAN NOT be purchased as a “ off the shelf or run of the mill pontoon boat from a dealer “. Those boats are comfortable (in good weather) but basic. Built at a width of only 2.4 metres and can be purchased at an average cost of $30,000.
- Gold Coast Party Pontoons are all purpose built and designed for us ONLY .
- They are all 4 metres in width and vary in length eg. 7.5m, 6.5m and 6m . This creates incredible stability for you the customers .
- Our boats are built with hard insulated roofs ( the same material used to make freezer trucks ) surrounded 3 sides by drop down clears ( cafe style ) . You will never be blasted by the hot sun and you will remain cool whilst under the roof . Your will not be effected by rain or wind and you will stay completely dry . You will also see an enclosed change room with a normal flush toilet .
- There is a perfectly clean Gas stainless steel BBQ to cook and feed the whole family .
- A large eski is also provide so all you need to do is bring your food , drinks and 2 bags of ice and your on your way .
- You can connect to the stereo system via bluetooth for all your music needs . Our boats have comfortable seating for all patrons and fold down tables to serve lunch on . Our “ ultimate “ pontoon comes with a fixed table with bar stools to sit on as well as a mile of comfortable seating .The ultimate also has a electric front anchor and GPS .
- All our boats are pushed along with the ever reliable Yamaha high thrust , 4 stroke fuel injection outboard motor . These purpose built party boats comes at a cost of between $80,000 all the way up to $130,000 . This is why people prefer our boats. They are indisputably the only Luxury Party Pontoon boats on the Gold Coast Broadwater
Q Are Self Drive BBQ Boat safe ?
- Yes it is perfectly safe . We give you a full safety briefing before you go out . There is also a life jacket onboard for each person . All our boats have a “positive “ floatation which means they can not sink .
Q How will I find my way around the Gold Coast Broadwater?
- We provide you with maps and a full briefing . Our cruising boundaries are the largest of all boat hire companies on the Gold Coast .
Q Where can I cruise to in a Party Pontoon?
- Because we are logistically located perfectly in the middle part of the Broadwater we allow our boats to go as far north as Tipplers bar and cafe , west up the Coomera river to Sanctuary Cove , east to South Stradbroke island , south to wavebreak island and further south to the Nerang River to Cavil Ave.
Q Do I need to book in advance ?
- DEC and JAN usually book out 2 months in-advance. Australia day and Xmas day is usually booked 6-8 months in advance . Outside these periods a normal weekend can be booked out 3-4 weeks in advance . Weekdays usually have last minute availability from FEB to NOV.
Q Is there parking for Gold Coast Party Pontoons' customers?
- There is always plenty of parking at Runaway Bay marina within a short stroll to board
Q When is a Party Pontoon next availabile ?
- Please CLICK HERE, select your preferred date and you can see the availability in the calendar.
Q How far is RUNAWAY BAY MARINA FROM OUR HOTEL ?
- From Surfers Paradise head north on the Gold Coast HWY through Southport , Biggera Waters and with out traffic you will reach Runaway Bay in 15 mins. You can see our location HERE